Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Instructional Design Ideas
The first blog I reviewed was elearning Instructional Design Ideas-Making Change by Cathy Moore.

http://blog.cathy-moore.com/
I thought this was a great starting point since I work as an instructional designer and would still consider myself a novice by industry standards. Working in a professional environment where you can sometimes be limited by brand standards, budgets and politics your creative juices can get stagnate. I thought this site was very refreshing. Cathy's blog specializes in corporate training which is also my area of expertise.

Cathy's site offers ideas and scenarios for elearning that help to make elearnings lively and practical. You can even get at your finger tips daily instructional design ideas via twitter.


Learning Industry News And Opinion
The second blog I reviewed was The Official ASTD Blog. I thought it was important that even though I'm new to blogging and would create my on version of news and opinion through my own blog; I wanted to know what one of the industry leaders was thinking and saying these days about learning. Oh, and since I'm a member of the ASTD National Chapter thought it would be fitting to bookmark this blog and follow.

http://www1.astd.org/Blog/default.aspx

The site provides information on just about anything going on in the training and development world. What I like most are the various categories of interest, especially the celebrity blogger. The ASTD blog is a one stop shop for various resources related to training and development.


Best Practices
My Third and final blog review is for Best Practices Blog-Instructional Design by the LSA Global Team.  I selected this blog because as current and future Instructional Designers we could benefit from a forum that provides information on what's going on in our industry through the lens of other Instructional Designers.  This blog provides just that. While I found the articles very interesting I do wish they posted more often. Well maybe I stopped at this site because the first article I read peeked my interest because I support a call center.  In any case I wanted to share this site and hope you find value in the recommended blogs as well.

http://instructional-design-consulting.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment